Crime Survivors, Inc. is recruiting for NEW Board Members
If you are interested in supporting our mission and empowering victims of crime to survive and thrive. For more organization information: www.crimesurvivors.org/page/dev/dev / www.surviveandthriverunwalk.org
Crime Survivors, Inc. is looking for new Board Members to join the Board of Directors.The Mission of Crime Survivors is to provide hope and healing to victims and survivors of crime through advocacy and the support of resources, information, and empowerment from the critical time after a crime occurs through the challenges and successes of surviving and thriving.
Crime Survivors Values are that:
- We believe that no one should feel abandoned or alone and that every person is deserving of love, respect and dignity.
- We believe that the best way to help others with hope and healing is to work in partnership with our community, law enforcement, elected leaders, and members of the media.
- We believe that all of us together can lift each other out of darkness and into the light of a restored heart and life.
- We believe that every broken heart, every hurt, every wound can be healed with love and a strong community of support.
- We believe in hopeful healing.
- We believe that with faith, there is always hope.
The Board has responsibility for the overall stewardship of Crime Survivors, Inc.. It has a duty to protect the long-term interests and direction of the organization, safeguard assets and to practice due diligence in its decision-making. The most important job of the board is supporting the Founder CEO and Executive Director to ensure that excellence is maintained in carrying out the organization’s mission, goals and objectives.
Board areas of discussion:
- Management (including initiative and follow-through)
- Planning (mission and vision, assessing needs)
- Program implementation
- Fiscal reporting & budgeting
- Fundraising / Events / Programs
- Communication and public relations
- Quarterly Board Meetings
- 2 Year Term
Please contact Janet Wilson-Irving at [email protected] or (562) 233-9781 or contact Patricia Wenskunas at [email protected] or (949) 872-7895.